Pages

Popular Posts

Thursday 23 August 2012

Blogtastic

It's easy to forget that anyone could read this!  I have tended to forget that I don't control who has access to this, like you can on Facebook.  You can see how many people have read each blog post but not who they are.  It's annoying that people can't leave comments without having a google account - it limits the responses you get, which in turn makes it easy to forget that people are reading this!

A recent entry made me think hard about this. It's one thing to be honest and open about myself, but it's different when I am talking about people I know; things they have said to me, opinions they hold... Caution and sensitivity are required, but if I am over-conscious of other people as I type, then I won't be able to say what I really want to, which undermines the whole point of the blog. It's a pickle and a tightrope I will continue to walk as a novice blogger.

I met a friend in Tesco today and we had a brief chat. As we parted she told me to keep up the blog and that it was good.  How encouraging was that! And how unexpected - I didn't know she had been reading it! Another friend told me that she had been reading it as well - I didn't think she even knew I had been dabbling in blogging. But a mutual friend told her and mailed her the link and she was also supportive.

It's an odd thing really - to fire words into the internet, with no particular theme or visible audience. It becomes a kind of diary or stream of consciousness. So it's good to be reminded that at least 2 people are reading it!

No comments:

Post a Comment