Pages

Popular Posts

Monday 16 July 2012

The 'I'm Bored' Jar

Today I got my 2 boys excited about sorting out their socks...  Yes, really. This was because the order to do so came out of the 'I'm Bored' Jar. This, as everyone knows, makes it non-negotiable...  If you take the risk of saying 'I'm Bored', you have to do whatever comes out of the jar...


I am lucky dipping right now and here are some examples of tasks or activities set by The Jar:

  • put on a load of washing
  • make a road and train track
  • clean the toilet and sink n your bathroom
  • line up all your cars in order of colour
  • make a fort
  • draw 10 flags and colour them in: France, Germany, Holland (and 7 more...)
  • draw around your hand and colour it in
  • tidy up all the outside toys in the garden
  • do water drawing
  • look at your baby pictures
  • check the dryer and empty it if it is full
  • paint a rainbow
  • look at our holiday pictures and choose your favorite 3 to print and frame
  • play Pass the Pigs
  • choose a craft from the Activity Book and make a list of what you need
  • play Snakes and Ladders
I absolutely can't take credit for the idea of the jar - that was given to me on Facebook by a school friend. I anticipate it will make this rainy summer much less painful. Especially tomorrow as I will be housebound for medical reasons... But at least the boys' toilet will be clean if I can 'encourage' that task to be chosen...

2 comments:

  1. How ace is this - I love the Bertie Bott's every flavour Beans element of risk....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I should called it Bertie Botts Boredom Bottle!

    ReplyDelete